Because we have to work in line with the Architects Act, there are some aspects of complaints that we are unable to deal with – though we will always try to give you helpful advice. For example, we can’t:
- Order your architect to put right something which has gone wrong or award compensation for poor service. Only the courts can award compensation.
- Become involved in disputes about a contract or fee levels, or decide whether your architect may have been negligent. These are legal issues and must be dealt with through the courts.
- Investigate complaints that are more than six years old, unless there are special circumstances
- Intervene in a planning dispute.
- Give you legal advice about your complaint, or ask a solicitor to act for you.